This video discusses how to set up your entire level. Each level is a new Sprite Kit Scene (.sks file). We will discuss….
- Duplicate an existing level
- Keeping the correct scene size (1920 by 1080) for tvOS and iOS. 1920 by 1080 is the 3x resolution of the iPhone 6 Plus, so 1x graphics used in that size scene are actually 3x images on the latest iPhone
- Import new images for your scene to the Game.xcassets catalog.
- Adding Color Sprites into the level, giving them an optional name, a required Custom Class name, and setting their physics definition (needed for most level objects)
- How to add platforms, moving platforms, poles, moving poles, enemy bumpers, player bumpers, and dead zones
- How to animate the movement of objects and textures using the Scene timeline in Xcode
- How to add coins, which add a specific point value via their name property (“Coin500” would award 500 points), and how you can advance the level with a score over a certain amount.
- How to parent items to the Camera, so they move around with the camera. You’ll want to do this for all GUI elements (lives icons, score labels, ammo labels, etc).
- Using placeholders for images that appear at certain times like “Paused”, “Player 1 Wins”, “Level Passed”, etc.