Build a Book with the Story Tellers Kit
Tutorial 8 – Collision Detection and Listening for Conditions to Run Events
This video discusses….
- How to react to contacts between different physics bodies (for example, to detect when the ship contacts a star to collect)
- How to keep a running count of something being collected (or interacted with)
- How to listen for conditions and react when they’ve been met. For example, we listen for a certain number of stars being collected AND if the ship is in the center vortex. Only then does the kit go to a new page.
- How to increment or decrement a saved value. For example, how many stars have been collected and how many are still left to be collected.
- How to Show or Hide images when the page loads or when conditions are met.
For further reading on Event Listeners visit this page.