Would appreciate your thoughts and guidance!

Home 4 Forums General Support Would appreciate your thoughts and guidance!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CartoonSmart 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• January 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm #177886

Hi All!

Happy new year! I have been a longtime fan of Cartoon Smart and purchased a few tutorials in the past. Just signed up for a one year subscription and I’m loving it! I am attempting to create an interactive Family Tree where a user can click on a person and have the tree expand all nodes under that person. Going to take advantage of the cartoon aspect to make it fun! Any suggestions on tutorials that would assist me in the creation? I’m hoping to maybe store all user details in an XML file that my tree will read from.

Thank you in advance for any input you could provide on a good approach to this1

• January 2, 2018 at 3:03 pm #177888

Thanks Frank!

Neat idea. You could also write and read from a property list file. But thats basically an XML file too.

But if the tree data isn’t shared among users, you could just save it in the Standard Defaults of the app. Just a quick means of saving data and keep it there over the long term. It won’t get deleted unless the user deletes the app itself.

If you’re setting up something that will be shared among multiple users, than I think you’re getting into some database work possibly. Though I guess you could save the plist/xml file to somewhere in an Amazon cloud and that would be fine as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!