Use AnimateNodeOnPath

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Flatt 1 year, 8 months ago.

• March 23, 2017 at 1:19 pm #163732

Hi everybody,

AnimateNodeOnPath moves a sprite to the next Path point. Does the kit offer a way to move a sprite down all points on a path in one action? Possibly looping or repeating? I know I can animate that motion but I’m curious whether it can be setup using the property list. Thanks!

• March 23, 2017 at 1:27 pm #163735

Yeah you should be able to do that with a timer…
    https://cartoonsmart.com/event-timers-story-tellers-ios-starter-kit-documentation/

So at the end of the timer, you’d run that event.

• March 23, 2017 at 1:41 pm #163736

Please disregard my question, since the answer is in the documentation (Section 6: Event Timers). I added an EventTimers dictionary below the Page dictionary. I put a Timer1 dictionary inside EventTimers, and set up Delay, Repeat, Frequency, and Enabled properties. Inside Timer1, I added an Events dictionary with a AnimateNodeOnPath event inside it. Bingo! The animation starts with page load, and hits every path point, looping as many times as I want. Cool beans man!

• March 23, 2017 at 1:45 pm #163741

Sorry Justin, I didn’t notice your quick response. This kit rocks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Got something to sell online? We trust the amazing tools from Easy Digital Downloads