Updating Swift 2.0 Tutorials to Swift 3!

Home 3 Forums Special Requests Updating Swift 2.0 Tutorials to Swift 3!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• March 13, 2017 at 4:09 pm #163251

I’m new to the site and got dragged in by the very attractive RPG tutorials. But I feel that I might have to start with some more basics before going through them. I was then thinking of your Swift 2.0 tutorials.

But as I understand it Swift 3.0 and 2.0 are very diffrent beasts and what I learn in your tutorials for 2.0 might do me more harm than good.

Is this true? Or could I learn from Swift 2.0 tutorials aswell?

• March 13, 2017 at 7:45 pm #163256

Actually as far as the basics are concerned they are nearly identical. If you’re mostly interested in Swift (as opposed to Swift with Sprite Kit), I’d say go ahead and watch the Swift 2 Basics. The only thing thats really changed is how you write a for statement. But if you’re interested in game dev, go ahead and watch this course…

Introduction to Sprite Kit with Swift 3 – Portfolio Index

…You’re going to pick up all the same basic Swift code along the way, (to me) its just a lot more fun to learn coding with some game examples to play with.

• March 13, 2017 at 7:46 pm #163257

And here’s what a Swift 3 for statement looks like…

// would print up to 9

for i in 0 ..< 10 {

print (i) //i will increment up one with each iteration of the for loop 

}

// would print up to 10

for i in 0 ... 10 {

print (i)

}

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.