Uniform Scaling Sprites in a .SKS file?

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Uniform Scaling Sprites in a .SKS file?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin 9 months, 1 week ago.

• February 10, 2018 at 7:53 am #180072

Is there a way to uniform scale all sprites at once in a .sks file? I have about 60 pages (.sks files) in my old book that I need to resize for the new iPad & iPhone dimensions. I can Cmd+A to select all sprites on the screen, but I can still only scale one sprite at a time.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for grabbing and scaling them all at once? I`ve tried the usual shift, cmd & cntrl combinations, but it will still only scale one sprite element at a time, which means that I am manually scaling every sprite on every page (which I need to adjust the properties for in the list anyway for animations and stuff).

Any secret scaling tips for this?

• February 10, 2018 at 8:04 am #180075

My previous books dimensions were set to 1024x768 for iPad, so now that Ive got the new kit, I`m expanding it to 2732 x 2048 for iPad and 2208 x 1242 for iPhone (screenshot size). Besides the graphics, there are a lot of other small invisible nodes and elements that I would prefer not to have to recreate if possible.:)

• February 10, 2018 at 3:46 pm #180085

Yeah, you definitely don’t want to re-adjust everything. You could change the scale of the camera and that will zoom in or zoom out. If you aren’t using a camera, you could probably just adjust the scene size as well.

• February 10, 2018 at 5:51 pm #180090

Hi Justin,

Actually adjusting the camera sizes was the first thing that I did for all scenes using both Camera and CameraPhone. they looked good in the simulator, but Apple still rejected the app saying that the screen size didn`t align for all of the device sizes (mainly the iPhone 5.8″ or iPad 10.5″).

Im readjusting the cameras again today. I was keeping both cameras in the same scene file because I didnt want to create the extra Phone scene, but worst case scenario, I may just have to do that if I want to keep it universal.

Thanks again!

• February 12, 2018 at 2:11 pm #180204

Hmmm, thats frustrating. You could always ask them for a screenshot of what they are seeing on their end. Slows down your review to go back and forth with them, but so does re-submitting the app.

The Simulator sucks, but its usually on-point when it comes to simulating how the layout is going to be on the device.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.