Uniform Scaling Sprites in a .SKS file?

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Uniform Scaling Sprites in a .SKS file?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CartoonSmart 1 week, 1 day ago.

• February 10, 2018 at 7:53 am #180072

Is there a way to uniform scale all sprites at once in a .sks file? I have about 60 pages (.sks files) in my old book that I need to resize for the new iPad & iPhone dimensions. I can Cmd+A to select all sprites on the screen, but I can still only scale one sprite at a time.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for grabbing and scaling them all at once? I`ve tried the usual shift, cmd & cntrl combinations, but it will still only scale one sprite element at a time, which means that I am manually scaling every sprite on every page (which I need to adjust the properties for in the list anyway for animations and stuff).

Any secret scaling tips for this?

• February 10, 2018 at 8:04 am #180075

My previous books dimensions were set to 1024x768 for iPad, so now that Ive got the new kit, I`m expanding it to 2732 x 2048 for iPad and 2208 x 1242 for iPhone (screenshot size). Besides the graphics, there are a lot of other small invisible nodes and elements that I would prefer not to have to recreate if possible.:)

• February 10, 2018 at 3:46 pm #180085

Yeah, you definitely don’t want to re-adjust everything. You could change the scale of the camera and that will zoom in or zoom out. If you aren’t using a camera, you could probably just adjust the scene size as well.

• February 10, 2018 at 5:51 pm #180090

Hi Justin,

Actually adjusting the camera sizes was the first thing that I did for all scenes using both Camera and CameraPhone. they looked good in the simulator, but Apple still rejected the app saying that the screen size didn`t align for all of the device sizes (mainly the iPhone 5.8″ or iPad 10.5″).

Im readjusting the cameras again today. I was keeping both cameras in the same scene file because I didnt want to create the extra Phone scene, but worst case scenario, I may just have to do that if I want to keep it universal.

Thanks again!

• February 12, 2018 at 2:11 pm #180204

Hmmm, thats frustrating. You could always ask them for a screenshot of what they are seeing on their end. Slows down your review to go back and forth with them, but so does re-submitting the app.

The Simulator sucks, but its usually on-point when it comes to simulating how the layout is going to be on the device.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!