StickerKit doesn't recognize iPad Rotation

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Sticker Kit StickerKit doesn't recognize iPad Rotation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin 3 months, 1 week ago.

• August 28, 2018 at 3:19 pm #186486

Hi! I’ve been digging through the code and trying to apply my own solutions but can’t find one. I’m new to Swift and iOS coding. I’ve started with the StickerKit but can not figure out what’s missing to make the view update when the iPad is turned (in either direction.

If the user closes and reopens Messages, the app updates to show the correct list of stickers. However, if the users rotates the iPad, the stickers rotate but the view is not updated. This causes some of the stickers to be cut off, or a gap of white space.

Has anyone else run into this? What’s your solution to force the view to update during iPad rotation?

I’ve been able to add the code below to have console print out that the iPad has rotated but I can’t get any code to actually reposition the stickers correctly.

override func viewWillTransition(to size: CGSize, with coordinator: UIViewControllerTransitionCoordinator) {
    let screenSize = UIScreen.main.bounds
    let screenWidth = screenSize.width
    let screenHeight = screenSize.height

print(“Screen Width = \(screenWidth)”)
    print(“Screen Height = \(screenHeight)”)

if (screenWidth > screenHeight) {

print(“Landscape”)
    }
    else{
    print(“Portrait”)
    }
    }

• September 7, 2018 at 2:08 pm #186627

Apple doesn’t care to fully support people turning their iPads during an iMessage extension running (its always been buggy like that), so I wouldn’t worry about it either. Plus if you look at the actual usage of people using their iPads for sticker apps its like 5%.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Got something to sell online? We trust the amazing tools from Easy Digital Downloads