SpawnPoints

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  M. Akbar 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• August 19, 2017 at 8:40 pm #170784

Hello,
    I’ve set the RespawnFollowsPlayerX=NO and created a couple of SpawnPoints in a level. Whenever the character dies, it will always get spawned from the first SpawnPoint even though the character died nearer to the second SpawnPoint.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

• August 19, 2017 at 8:57 pm #170785

Additional info. The debug says:
    “restarting player based on closest spawn point to Player 2”

Can I know how to configure so that it sets to Player 1 since it is one player mode?

• August 19, 2017 at 9:06 pm #170786

If its just a one player game, use an Empty Node named RespawnPlayer1 and make that a child of the camera. That’ll then follow the the player so it restarts where you’re at.

Or you could tinker with the code slightly. In this snippet in the GameScene_Operations.swift file…

else if (spawnArray.count > 0){

print("restarting player based on closest spawn point to Player 2")

startBackToLocation = getClosestSpawnLocationTo(thePlayer2)
                        startBackToLocation = CGPoint(x: startBackToLocation.x + 10, y: startBackToLocation.y)

} 

You could just change thePlayer2 to thePlayer.

• August 19, 2017 at 9:24 pm #170789

Hello Justin,
      I’ve tinkered with the code and it works.
      Thanks heaps 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Organize all your FREE and Premium Lessons

Get it!