Simulator crashing

Home 3 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Sticker Kit Simulator crashing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CartoonSmart 1 month ago.

• October 14, 2017 at 10:24 am #174802

Hi,

When scrolling through stickers in the simulator, near the end of the scroll the app crashes:

fatal error: unexpectedly found nil while unwrapping an Optional value
    2017-10-14 15:59:56.331167+0100 MessagesExtension[1410:16172] fatal error: unexpectedly found nil while unwrapping an Optional value

let stickerURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: stickerPath!)Thread 1: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (code=EXC_I386_INVOP, subcode=0x0)

Being new to Xcode, swift and apple in general, I’m a bit stuck…

Stackoverflow suggests a generic sort of swift error message, so no help at this point.

I’ve tried, as suggested in a previous post, to apply Target Membership of images to MessagesExtension, but that hasn’t worked.

Checked and double checked basic stuff like typos and empty strings, but no go.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Paul.

Xcode Version 9.0 beta 6 (9M214v)
    MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6 (16G29)
    Sticker kit – updated for swift 4
    iPhone 7 plus sim, but does the same in all sims I’ve tried, from iPhone 6 onwards..

• October 15, 2017 at 5:46 pm #174901

I think its a Target problem, where one sticker didn’t get checked off as a Target. Possibly not copied into the project either.

Normally I’ll copy stickers into the project folder (via the Finder) before dragging them into Xcode. Probably an unnecessary step, but I’d rather do the copy myself.

Did you try deleting properties until you found the missing sticker causing the crash?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Organize all your FREE and Premium Lessons

Get it!