Running On iPhoneX

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universe 4 days, 4 hours ago.

• April 1, 2018 at 6:44 pm #182563

I might be completely overlooking something, but how would I go about scaling this kit to work on iPhoneX?

Thanks.

• April 1, 2018 at 10:14 pm #182568

Hopefully you don’t need to change it at all. Its a pain to duplicate an entire SKS file just for an alternate iPhone. And since platform games are oriented sideways, most likely your GUI is just going to be centered anyway. So on the iPhoneX you should just be seeing some extra portion of the screen on the sides. But if you want to make a custom SKS file just for the X, lemme know.

• April 2, 2018 at 5:17 pm #182612

This is what I get when I run the game on an iPhoneX.

iPhoneX Screenshot

• April 2, 2018 at 5:31 pm #182613

Screenshot didn’t post. But redownload the kit and just update the 4 most recent .swift files. You can create an sks file with the postfix “PhoneX” and make a custom sks file just for that device. Same thing you do when making an sks file for the other device families

• April 20, 2018 at 1:14 am #183153

Hi Justin, Joe

According to this discussion, are you suggesting that we update each device .sks separately for each level? It seems like doing the same thing 3-4 times. What is the most efficient and fastest way to build levels for each device?
    1) Copy (duplicate) existing .sks and adjust it for the additional device?
    OR
    2) Recreate level in sks for each device based on what is already made in RPG template?
    or maybe i am missing something.

Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!