Run an Animation using Tap Controls

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Run an Animation using Tap Controls

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• January 16, 2019 at 4:42 pm #202849

I have recently begun exploring swipe and tap controls for moving a character around the scene. While swipe has proven relatively easy, I am wondering if there is a way that I missing to Start or Stop an animation via tap controls.

Thanks

• January 24, 2019 at 12:00 pm #203063

Thats something you could do with Event Listeners and setting values, think… State=stopped vs State= running).

But I think a simpler way to do this is to make the character run when touched down, and stop on touch up.

• January 24, 2019 at 12:02 pm #203064

To be exact thats the TouchEvent and TouchUpEvent properties.

• January 24, 2019 at 12:41 pm #203065

Thank you for the reply!

Just to clarify, would the character element need to be touched? From my understanding, the tap controls work based on proximity to the character, so not need a direct touch to move.

Am I able to run a TouchEvent that activates the animation simply based on touch on the screen, or does there have to be direct contact with Character Element.

Apologies in advance if I am missing something simple here.

• January 24, 2019 at 2:35 pm #203069

It could be anything that triggers it. So it could be the character or it could just be some piece of background art.

• January 24, 2019 at 11:22 pm #203078

Thanks for the clarification, I am more clear on how I can approach it now.

I appreciate the reply!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Become part of the CartoonSmart Team with our Affiliate Program

Make recurring money when you refer a subscriber. 30 day tracking. Commissions 33%-50%!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick