The O.G. Virtual learning! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

RolePlayingGame – Unusual problem.

Home 4 Forums Tutorial Help Any Other Tutorials RolePlayingGame – Unusual problem.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jimmy Wilson 3 years, 7 months ago.

• March 20, 2017 at 2:21 pm #163438

In the attackingArea the following code is causing me problems.

class AttackArea: SKSpriteNode {

func setUp() {

let body:SKPhysicsBody = SKPhysicsBody(circleOfRadius: self.frame.size.width / 2, center: CGPoint.zero)

// self.physicsBody = body // This is causing the Attacking Action to appear away from the Player
    // and also moves the position of the player at the same time

When I let the self.physicsBody = body run then the skaction “Attacking” appears away from the player. The position appears random and the process also pushes the player across the screen.

I have tried everything I can think off and as a last resort thought of posting this.

• March 20, 2017 at 2:22 pm #163439

Sounds like the two bodies are set to collide with each other. You set the collision bit masks?

• March 20, 2017 at 3:05 pm #163442

Thanks Justin.

Earlier in the course you remmed out the collision mask for the player and I must have missed where you put it back in play. Everything working again…

Must say I am enjoying your courses.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick