Quick question about MoveNodeToSlot, is it random?

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Quick question about MoveNodeToSlot, is it random?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Ortiz 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• May 4, 2018 at 7:50 pm #183609

I actually want it to be random….

Does MoveNodeToSlot place sprites into random slots? Or is it in order?

SLOT0, SLOT1, SLOT2, SLOT3…….

• May 5, 2018 at 1:59 pm #183639

You’re making me remember code here =) . Soooo if the Slot has already been occupied it would move onto the next one. Think of it a little bit like the Game of Life board game where a piece moves from one spot to the next (assuming you only ever spun a 1). So yeah it would be in order.

• May 5, 2018 at 2:09 pm #183641

Lemme answer your emailed question here too…

Do you have recommendations? Also I need to do this, and leave the already correctly placed puzzle pieces alone, how do I distinguish between a completed puzzle piece and a free puzzle piece?

Do a search in the code for func listenForPairing. Scroll down a bit and just to make it easy look for the line that plays the click sound. Look for “click.caf”

Anywhere under there, you could write…

element1.name = “Rename”

And that would name it something different and should keep it from being affected by other events that reference the original name.

• May 5, 2018 at 2:26 pm #183642

OK thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.