Stay busy during the quarantine! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

Quick question about MoveNodeToSlot, is it random?

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Quick question about MoveNodeToSlot, is it random?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Ortiz 2 years, 2 months ago.

• May 4, 2018 at 7:50 pm #183609

I actually want it to be random….

Does MoveNodeToSlot place sprites into random slots? Or is it in order?

SLOT0, SLOT1, SLOT2, SLOT3…….

• May 5, 2018 at 1:59 pm #183639

You’re making me remember code here =) . Soooo if the Slot has already been occupied it would move onto the next one. Think of it a little bit like the Game of Life board game where a piece moves from one spot to the next (assuming you only ever spun a 1). So yeah it would be in order.

• May 5, 2018 at 2:09 pm #183641

Lemme answer your emailed question here too…

Do you have recommendations? Also I need to do this, and leave the already correctly placed puzzle pieces alone, how do I distinguish between a completed puzzle piece and a free puzzle piece?

Do a search in the code for func listenForPairing. Scroll down a bit and just to make it easy look for the line that plays the click sound. Look for “click.caf”

Anywhere under there, you could write…

element1.name = “Rename”

And that would name it something different and should keep it from being affected by other events that reference the original name.

• May 5, 2018 at 2:26 pm #183642

OK thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick