Player's body pyhsics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  M. Akbar 2 years ago.

• September 13, 2017 at 5:39 pm #171399

Hello Justin,
    I notice that if the player touches a wall which has a body, the player seemed not to be able to jump up unless I move the player a little bit from the wall. Is there a configuration in regards to the player’s physics needed to be enabled/configured to overcome this problem

• September 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm #171400

Additional info: The problem usually occurs if the wall is the higher than the player’s height.

• September 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm #171402

Sorry. Missed out that the wall is made of tilemaps as well. so let’s say the height is 3 tiles which is higher than the player’s height, the player will not be able to jump pass the 3rd tile.

• September 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm #171430

Update: I avoid using tilemaps for walls by replacing with stacked color sprites textured with the tiles. The player can now jump even though its body physics touches the wall.

• September 15, 2017 at 10:27 am #171445

What kind of physics body does the player have? If its a square, what could have been happening is the corner of the square is bumping into a part of the wall that isn’t perfectly straight. Even the slightest part sticking out could prevent the player from jumping smoothly against it.

• September 15, 2017 at 2:19 pm #171451

I’ve tried all 3 types of physics body (i.e. circle, rectangle & alpha) with same results. As long as the both physics body (showphysics = True to see the physics boundary) touch each other (player & tilemap), the issue arises.
      So I use the workaround of using color sprite instead to resolve the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Become part of the CartoonSmart Team with our Affiliate Program

Make recurring money when you refer a subscriber. 30 day tracking. Commissions 33%-50%!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick