Player's body pyhsics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  M. Akbar 1 month, 1 week ago.

• September 13, 2017 at 5:39 pm #171399

Hello Justin,
    I notice that if the player touches a wall which has a body, the player seemed not to be able to jump up unless I move the player a little bit from the wall. Is there a configuration in regards to the player’s physics needed to be enabled/configured to overcome this problem

• September 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm #171400

Additional info: The problem usually occurs if the wall is the higher than the player’s height.

• September 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm #171402

Sorry. Missed out that the wall is made of tilemaps as well. so let’s say the height is 3 tiles which is higher than the player’s height, the player will not be able to jump pass the 3rd tile.

• September 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm #171430

Update: I avoid using tilemaps for walls by replacing with stacked color sprites textured with the tiles. The player can now jump even though its body physics touches the wall.

• September 15, 2017 at 10:27 am #171445

What kind of physics body does the player have? If its a square, what could have been happening is the corner of the square is bumping into a part of the wall that isn’t perfectly straight. Even the slightest part sticking out could prevent the player from jumping smoothly against it.

• September 15, 2017 at 2:19 pm #171451

I’ve tried all 3 types of physics body (i.e. circle, rectangle & alpha) with same results. As long as the both physics body (showphysics = True to see the physics boundary) touch each other (player & tilemap), the issue arises.
      So I use the workaround of using color sprite instead to resolve the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.