Moving along a path

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angel Arcas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• January 24, 2018 at 7:32 pm #179084

Hi Justin,

I need to make a character follow a long path.
    Has to be continous movement, no stop on empty nodes.
    Can I do that with Story Teller Kit 2?
    Thanks!

• January 24, 2018 at 7:34 pm #179085

Sure, I would probably just do that with an Action you setup in the Scene Editor.

• January 24, 2018 at 7:57 pm #179089

Can’t you just give me a hint? 😉

• January 24, 2018 at 8:00 pm #179090

Sure, quick link on how to set up a timeline action That applies to any SpriteKit based project.

And as far as the kit goes, here’s info on the properties to start or stop those actions.

Keep me posted

• January 24, 2018 at 8:59 pm #179091

Thanks for your help Justin!

I guess I didn’t tell it right.

I´m writting you from Spain, it´s 3:00 in the morning and my english is very bad… 🙁

I’ve watched all your videos and read your ebook. How to set an action it´s ok for me

What I really need is moving a character along a path.

Please see the following link (image):

Image sample App

The bee has to moving over 3 showing how tracing the number.

What I need is when page is opened, the bee has to move along the number 3 and I don´t Know how to set up movement control. Something like the boat in your sample project but all continous, no stops on empty nodes

• January 25, 2018 at 9:32 am #179139

Gotcha. So for a continuous movement like that, you really don’t need to follow the Boat example at all. In fact, if the movement occurs immediately after the page opens, everything can be done with a Timeline Action in the Scene Editor. So no properties are needed.

You just need to create a few MoveTo actions in the Scene Editor. Do you know how to do that?

• January 25, 2018 at 10:36 am #179141

Oh yeah! I gotcha!

It´s so easy!

As you say, Just adding a few MoveTo actions in the timeline and setting the position the character moves so smoothly!!! 😉

Thanks for your patient! 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!