Making a game single player only

Home 3 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Platform Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Making a game single player only

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CartoonSmart 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• November 16, 2017 at 7:36 pm #176177

I am using the grassy hills swift 4 game kit as a jumping off point for my own game. Keep in mind that I am brand new to these game kits and have already viewed the docs on properties and players. My question relates that there are 1 and 2 player options. I just want a single player game. I am guessing that I just can’t delete the 2nd player image and button from the home scene without messing something up. What steps would I need to take to make my game a true single player? It doesn’t make sense to me to even show the 2 player option on a phone or pad unless I missed networking code somewhere. TIA

• November 16, 2017 at 7:52 pm #176178

I see that game controllers are supported. But I still want a single player only option on the home scene without messing other stuff up 😉

• November 17, 2017 at 12:28 am #176179

Actually you can just delete the two player button and it will work fine.

• November 17, 2017 at 10:24 am #176188

Thanks, I will give it a shot!

• November 17, 2017 at 11:28 am #176189

If you don’t think the game will ever include a second player option, you can delete the Player 2 sprite in the scene, but its harmless to keep it there too. It’ll just get hidden/removed if the game is initiated as 1 player.

I would say though, two player games are a huge sell on the Apple TV. So if you are planning a tvOS version, try to keep that option in there.

The topic ‘Making a game single player only’ is closed to new replies.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Organize all your FREE and Premium Lessons

Get it!