The O.G. Virtual learning! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

Making a game single player only

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Platform Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Making a game single player only

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin 2 years, 8 months ago.

• November 16, 2017 at 7:36 pm #176177

I am using the grassy hills swift 4 game kit as a jumping off point for my own game. Keep in mind that I am brand new to these game kits and have already viewed the docs on properties and players. My question relates that there are 1 and 2 player options. I just want a single player game. I am guessing that I just can’t delete the 2nd player image and button from the home scene without messing something up. What steps would I need to take to make my game a true single player? It doesn’t make sense to me to even show the 2 player option on a phone or pad unless I missed networking code somewhere. TIA

• November 16, 2017 at 7:52 pm #176178

I see that game controllers are supported. But I still want a single player only option on the home scene without messing other stuff up 😉

• November 17, 2017 at 12:28 am #176179

Actually you can just delete the two player button and it will work fine.

• November 17, 2017 at 10:24 am #176188

Thanks, I will give it a shot!

• November 17, 2017 at 11:28 am #176189

If you don’t think the game will ever include a second player option, you can delete the Player 2 sprite in the scene, but its harmless to keep it there too. It’ll just get hidden/removed if the game is initiated as 1 player.

I would say though, two player games are a huge sell on the Apple TV. So if you are planning a tvOS version, try to keep that option in there.

The topic ‘Making a game single player only’ is closed to new replies.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick