iPhone X resolution

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angel Arcas 1 year, 4 months ago.

• December 18, 2017 at 5:21 pm #177456

Hello,
    I am creating an iPhone app.
    I want to use the same scene for both device (iPhone X – iPhone 8 Plus/iPhone 8) to avoid letterboxing or cropping
    Is there any way to set a different camera for the iPhone X or iPhone 8?
    Do I need to add @2x and @3x images?
    Thanks in advance!

• December 19, 2017 at 3:59 pm #177491

Well, you wouldn’t want to use different images. You should be using the 2x and 3x sizes anyway.

You could choose a different camera, but the issue there is that the camera is always the size of the Scene. So you either have to make a separate iPhoneX sized Scene or change the scale of the camera. Changing the scale of the camera is far easier. Something like this would work….

if (UIDevice.current.userInterfaceIdiom == .phone) {
                if (UIScreen.main.bounds.height == 812) {

print("iPhone X")
                    self.camera?.xScale = 1.2 //tinker with that number, 0.8 might work better
                    self.camera?.yScale = self.camera?.xScale

}

}

Try pasting that in at the end of your didMove(to:) function in the main Page.swift class.

That’s one option. I would probably keep sizing my SKS files for the iPhone 8 dimensions, but in scene I would included images that exceed the height by 20% (if your app is in portrait mode) or exceed the normal width (if your app is in landscape mode). So if the content spills out a bit, that’s what will show on the iPhoneX.

• December 21, 2017 at 12:09 pm #177569

Hi Justin, thanks for you reply! I followed your advice about exceed the background image 20% and every images fits ok! No more stretched illustrations! Thanks again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Become part of the CartoonSmart Team with our Affiliate Program

Make recurring money when you refer a subscriber. 30 day tracking. Commissions 33%-50%!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick