In App Purchase not working

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Sticker Kit In App Purchase not working

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Vadnais 6 months ago.

• April 15, 2018 at 1:57 pm #183008

Fairly sure I’m doing something wrong but cannot figure it out.

Building a set of stickers and everything is working fine, builds to a device perfectly, but when the user taps the purchase text or a locked sticker, nothing happens. Looks like “Restore” is functioning properly, but a purchase request is not.

My latest two submissions were rejected because this doesn’t work. Weird because I have gotten four sticker sets through the process prior to this with no trouble.

I tried to redo the whole thing unzipping the StickerKit.zip file and working from scratch. Seems like I might still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

• April 15, 2018 at 2:08 pm #183009

Forgot to post the feedback from Apple:

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on an iPad running iOS 11.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

We could not successfully initiate the In-App Purchase.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.

For a networking overview, please review About Networking. For a more specific overview of App Review’s IPv6 requirements, please review the IPv6 and App Review discussion on the Apple Developer Forum.

• April 15, 2018 at 2:21 pm #183010

The exact same thing happened to me about a year ago. I had submitted about 80 sticker packs using the same template, which is what the kit uses, and for no good reason that 81rst submission caused an issue. No code changes from past submissions.

Its the most annoying problem because I guarantee you the error is on Apple’s side (and I’m currently subscribed to a forum about how Sandbox testing is giving everyone errors right now… https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/305245 last post was two days ago).

It has nothing to do with an IPv6 network though. But I spent a day looking into what the hell that means. And you can do a bunch of googling on it, it’s a Apple’s default way of saying “it didn’t work”. I eventually had to contact DTS and the engineer immediately got the app approved because, guess what, it worked all along.

You either have to convince Apple that the exact same code that worked 4 times before for you is indeed actually working, or just push it over to DTS and explain to them that you think your reviewer is having problems.

• April 15, 2018 at 2:23 pm #183011

Good news (I’m not crazy) and bad news (Apple’s process strikes again).

Thank you.

• April 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm #183012

You aren’t crazy. I even went down the path of creating an internal IPV6 network for testing.

• April 15, 2018 at 2:28 pm #183013

Eek.

Thank you.

Just to be clear: when I’ve built to my device with the TestInPaidMode set to “NO” nothing is supposed to happen when I tap the purchase text strings or the locked stickers — is that right?

Thanks again

• April 15, 2018 at 2:40 pm #183016

You want TestInPaidMode = NO when submitting the app and doing Sandbox testing. So actually you should be seeing the In-App Purchase popups when thats set to NO.

If TestInPaidMode = YES, its just showing you the app as if everything was already paid for.

So if TestInPaidMode = NO and you are logged in as your Sandbox tester (well, even if you aren’t), you should be seeing the prompts to Purchase the upgrades. If you aren’t, it sounds like you’re running into the same issue a lot of folks are right now. A few weeks ago (whenever it was I posted on that developer thread) I tried doing some In-App testing and it took about 15 minutes to see the pop up to purchase.

I don’t know if when Apple’s reviewers test In-App purchases they go through the Sandbox environment or if they are treated to a more “live” test, but the sandbox is a bad state right now. So that could be whats happening. How its been this bad, for this long is nuts.

• April 15, 2018 at 2:42 pm #183017

Seems like if EVERYONE’S apps were failing this part of the review process tests, they would get a clue — especially if it was happening even off and on for weeks.

Thank you.

• April 16, 2018 at 5:32 pm #183084

Okay, more rejections. I need to take this to the next level.

Did you work it through a TSI?

https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/

Thanks

• April 17, 2018 at 5:08 pm #183095

Developer Technical Support just approved it and returned my un-used Support Ticket (you get two per year).

Did you comment here…

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/305636

It’s getting heated!…

It’s the same for me in Sweden. My binary got rejected in review because the IAP fails due to Apple’s sandbox server…

Same issue. And the App review team reject us with 2.1 Performance, because IAP failed

Dozens / hundreds of apps must be getting rejected becaus eof this issue. No one stops to think, “maybe it’s us, not them?”

• April 17, 2018 at 9:47 pm #183102

Got a response from Apple. They are looking into the two that have been rejected many times and if it is on their end, as they susapect it is, they will approve them and refund me my support ticket, just as you noted. Very helpful. I am super pleased.

Got a separate, third set approved today no problem.

Thanks for your help. I might have given up in frustration if you hadn’t had the same issue last year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!