Ending a winning game on RPG kit base

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Role Playing Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Ending a winning game on RPG kit base

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universe 1 week, 3 days ago.

• May 28, 2018 at 2:09 am #184243

Can finally see a nice light at the end of working with RPG kit 🙂
    I am wondering how to end the game once a player wins.
    In my case, the game should end (winning) when the player reaches and collects special item at the end of the last level.
    Any ideas how to handle the situation form here – like get some Congrats message and change screen to main menu? What is the easiest or best way to end a winning game in the kit system? Thanks!

• May 28, 2018 at 7:31 pm #184260

Yeah, any reward can trigger going to any scene you want. Details here…

https://cartoonsmart.com/level-rewards-in-the-role-playing-games-ios-starter-kit/

But heres the part you want to read…

Scene – a String value for any scene (not level) you want the player to immediately be taken to as a reward. For example, MainMenu. Keep in mind, you can create an unlimited number of extra scenes, which could include video, fullscreen art, comic book panels, whatever.

• May 28, 2018 at 8:02 pm #184261

Thanks! Looks great. Will make it as the following flow:
    1. Player collects the winning item in the last level.
    2. User taken to new/special Congratulations scene with special picture and button to go to Main Menu.
    3. Points will be stored, but user can delete them any time with standard kit function.

• June 10, 2018 at 3:28 am #184679

Yeah, this was easy to implement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download the new CartoonSmart TV App - Tons of FREE and Premium Lessons

It's Free Right? Sure, I'll Get It!