Stay busy during the quarantine! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

Demo – Menu Buttons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Davis 1 year, 9 months ago.

• November 24, 2017 at 6:31 pm #176506

Menu buttons sometimes need to be pressed more than once to activate e.g. Reset Game, Start, etc.

• November 25, 2017 at 7:40 pm #176555

If SpriteKit is still transitioning the outgoing scene the buttons aren’t active. Shouldn’t be very noticeable on a device. The Simulator is always slow though (I wouldn’t test any of this on the Simulator).

• November 25, 2017 at 7:43 pm #176557

Thanks, This happens when I navigate the menus from start and level transistions. It is noticeable on a live device.

• November 26, 2017 at 6:58 pm #176610

In Home.swift I added transitionInProgress = false (around line 800) to fix intermittent multiple taps to get menu items to function. The first If statement in the function would randomly fall through on button presses; Fixed without any side effects so far (Please confirm if you know this change could mess things up somewhere else):

override func touchesBegan(_ touches: Set<UITouch>, with event: UIEvent?) {

for t in touches {

let pos:CGPoint = t.location(in: self)

for node in self.children {

if let someButton:Button = node as? Button {

if (someButton.contains(pos)) {

// Added this line to fix menu presses – KRD 11/26/17
    transitionInProgress = false

handlePress(theButton:someButton)

• June 20, 2018 at 7:55 am #185109

Hi Keith – did you happen to apply this also to MainMenu buttons? Somehow selected button images do not appear on MainMenu. Thanks!

• June 20, 2018 at 8:00 am #185110

It has been a while since I worked on this, but I believe I did.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick