The O.G. Virtual learning! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

can't upload to App Store due to 32 bit architecture??

Home 4 Forums Xcode has some ‘splaining to do. can't upload to App Store due to 32 bit architecture??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• November 4, 2020 at 11:09 am #211855

I have 5 sticker packs published in the App Store. I haven’t updated them in 2 years. I finally started doing some updates as some of my stickers looked really bad in dark mode. So, I updated my artwork, updated Xcode, replaced old stickers in Xcode, updated the version and build – yada yada. I set it up in AppStoreConnect, etc. Then when it came to uploading from Xcode, I get a message that it’s not the right architecture. I don’t see where I can change it from 32-bit to 64-bit. I’ve got the build architectures set to standard default. Has anyone resolved this? I’m tempted to start from scratch – but not sure how that will work as far as submitting an update.

• November 4, 2020 at 10:10 pm #211868

Ok – I got this figured out after messing with this for days! So – just in case someone searches for this same issue, they might find my follow-up. đŸ™‚

Everything (except sticker packs) is supposed to be 64 bit. BUT – sticker packs must be backward compatible to be both 32 and 64 bit architecture.

So, your build target has to be iOS 10. I had set mine up as iOS 12 and that’s what was causing the build to fail upon upload.

• November 9, 2020 at 3:55 pm #211989

Just saw this, yeah that is totally it. I had the same issue some time back and took a lot of smashing my keyboard before figuring it out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick