The O.G. Virtual learning! Buy one, get 2 more Lifetime Memberships! - Click Here!

Bonjour from Paris !

Home 4 Forums Off topic Bonjour from Paris !

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Louis Choquel 4 years, 4 months ago.

• April 1, 2016 at 10:28 am #145161

Hi all,

this is Louis and I’m in Paris, France.
    I started coding 30 years ago using HyperCard on Macintosh if anyone knows what that is.
    I stopped for 15 years though, and I regret it, but now I’m happy to start again to build some cool stuff for my kids to play with.

I seem to have picked a perfect time now with Swift and all those great frameworks and kits that to so much of the groundwork 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 10:30 am #145162

Hey Louis!

Okay, I have to go google what HyperCard is. I had a Mac 30 years ago, but was too young to code on it.

Great to see you hear!

• April 1, 2016 at 10:41 am #145164

I was 12 and started coding a video-game. After a while I got more interested in the architecture of it, improved it for 5 years and actually made it into… you know what? A kind of Starter kit for adventure games, one that you could use to build a game with no code.

That would explain why I’m having so much fun discovering the great stuff you’ve built here.

• April 13, 2016 at 11:14 pm #146930

Awesome. Feel free to share a link…. I have an RPG Kit planned with Swift and Sprite Kit. That’s actually what the Fantastic Worlds Kit does best, but as its Objective C based, well, out with the old, in with the nucleus.

• April 14, 2016 at 1:14 am #146945

Oh man, if only I could get my hands on it, it could run on an old Mac Emulator.

But I lost it around 1993-1994, probably in a hard drive crash or a broken cartridge, so it never made it to the internets. It was distributed once on a shareware CD-ROM though, so maybe someone somewhere has it 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick