AddReferenceFromFile and StartListener

Home 4 Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps AddReferenceFromFile and StartListener

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Shane Hogan 3 years, 6 months ago.

• April 7, 2016 at 10:30 pm #145776

Hi J

Just wanted to mention these two properties, great additions… That AddReferenceFromFile, saved me a ton of work.

Going from the tvOS version to the iOS version I had to get buttons on all my pages, to go back to the main menus and welcome screen & I also added tap left, right and browse buttons, all in a reference file then simply added the reference file to all the events dictionaries and it was done, sweet!

And the StartListener and StopListener properties are well handy, I was having a bit of a nightmare with some of my buttons as once I pressed them they kind of deactivated themselves, so I found the AlwaysListen property and added that, although because the buttons had sounds attached, every time I tapped a button, the sound would just repeat over and over…

Then I figured this, I will post some details incase anyone else needs to do the same thing…

My button’s touch event starts Listener1 and sets a value to ShowInfoDetailFor Button1…

Inside Listener1, I’m listening for ShowInfoDetailFor to equal Button1 and if it does, it runs my events and then I use StopListener Listener1 to stop itself, now I can tap any button and it will run all my events, play the sound once and then switch off until I press the button again, where it reenables itself and starts all over again.

Great stuff, really digging this kit. đŸ™‚

I’m thinking I might submit an iPhone version for now, while I work on the layouts for the iPad, as the iOS version is nearly done & as you know the tvOS version is with Apple. The iOS version I have in the App Store has graphics for the original iPhone. So I think an update is well overdue, what do you think?

Shane

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Become part of the CartoonSmart Team with our Affiliate Program

Make recurring money when you refer a subscriber. 30 day tracking. Commissions 33%-50%!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick