Actionscript 3 Side Scrolling Tutorial Code trouble

Home 4 Forums Tutorial Help Any Other Tutorials Actionscript 3 Side Scrolling Tutorial Code trouble

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Maya Stringer 3 years, 8 months ago.

• May 7, 2016 at 1:55 am #149441

Okay, Im basically replacing the examples art with my own and trying to remove what I don’t want. (Coins, timer) However the first problem I run into is my art is much bigger than whats there, and I need the background to scroll by Y as well as X. I got the code down to one error, I modified the scrollStage function to “(thePlayer.xy != lastXY)” But I can’t get it to agree to “lastXY = thePlayer.y-thePlayer.x” Do I need a new set of definitions for lastXY to get it to equal both x & y? Next I wanted to be able to load it on a mobile and have touch buttons for up down left right instead of the Accelerometer, but I can’t find a way to convert the Boolean code to touch commands. Lastly every time I think I’ve removed all the timer code it tells me that the timer.as is still a part of the document, and needs to have code in it. I can’t find a way to detach it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Know what an affiliate program is? You make money just by sharing links to our site! Win. Win.

Earn when you refer any buyer here! 30 day tracking. Commissions are 33%-50% and recur on subscription products!

Uh oh, missing your affiliate ID. Create one real quick