Using PauseOrUnpausePage to pause page

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Using PauseOrUnpausePage to pause page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 19 hours, 51 minutes ago.

• September 21, 2016 at 7:27 pm #156049

During my book I have many things moving both with Timers and the scene timeline. If the user wants to Pause the page to continue later, they have the option of taking a picture of the current screen, restarting, or going to home scene.

However, when I use PauseOrUnpausePage it pauses the whole page (which is what I want) but I need to still access the navigation buttons (Home, Back, Next, Take Picture) which are not active until I PauseOrUnpausePage.

How can I pause the page and still access elements?

Mark

• September 24, 2016 at 7:55 am #156120

Yeah, thats a tricky one Sprite Kit pauses the entire scene including all children. One option would be to go into the code and add in self.pause = false in areas you want to force the unpause.

Any of the event names are really easy to find in the code, because you can search in quotes for them. For example, “Pause”. So whatever events your Back or Next button calls, just add in self.pause = false in that block of code and you should be good.

That line won’t affect the scene if its not paused.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.