Use of variable to set "Delay"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcel Jaspaert 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• June 14, 2016 at 1:33 am #151565

I’m looking for the possibility to set the “Delay” of each EventTimer by the value of a variable, so that every Delay has the same value.
    This is possible by Labels with “TextWithSavedValue”.
    Perhaps implementing a “DelayWithSavedValue”??

• June 14, 2016 at 1:37 am #151566

So you want people to be able to set their own delay? One thing you could do is just setup a bunch of event listeners, each checking for an amount entered into a label, for example 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and each event listener just stops and starts a different event timer which is already preset with those same delay values. If you only had 10 or so, I think thats the quick solution.

• June 14, 2016 at 2:27 am #151573

Hey Justin,
    It’s in the development “phase” of the project that we will set a “global” value for all the Delays, so we can change it very quick for all the pages (we will that the application restarts from the beginning (“cover”) when the applications stays for a defined time in a page (means: User is away…) in our exhibition (www.hnf.de))
    regards

• June 14, 2016 at 12:33 pm #151604

Oh well then in that case, yeah you could simply edit the source code to hard-code in a variable instead of relying on the Delay property. Do a quick search for “Delay” in the code, and find the one in the Timers swift file.

• June 15, 2016 at 12:10 am #151670

Thanks. It will be a “quick solution”.
    Perhaps for our further projects, I will make an extension with a kind of “DelayWithSavedValue”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.