Upgrade to Swift 3

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

  • October 2, 2016 at 1:07 am #156507

    I have Compiler my Storyteller Project with Xcode 8 , for Swift 2.3, and now sound files only Plays the First Time. Which steps Must I performa to bring my project um to Xcode 8 Swift 3 and the New Storyteller kit

  • October 3, 2016 at 2:28 pm #156589

    You can watch the Podcast at http://cartoonsmart.com/switching-from-swift-2-2-to-swift-3-in-xcode-8-episode-34/

    And if you want more information: https://swift.org/migration-guide/

    Hope that gets you going.


  • October 3, 2016 at 10:08 pm #156590

    Thanks. I will try it as sone I am back from the vintage computing festival in my office


  • October 4, 2016 at 8:19 am #156617

    I Upgraded my application succesfully to Swift 3 and Xcode8. But I still have problem with playing Sounds.
    I defined an element in my plist-file (for use on different pages) with a “PlaySound”
    Next Dictionary
    Transition String PushWithDirection
    PlaySound String sound.mp3

    The first time the sound is played. but than ….. silence?
    Some Idea to solve the problem.
    In the Debug-Output-window I seethe message

    SKAction: Error playing sound resource

  • October 4, 2016 at 4:53 pm #156634

    I did a quick test and mine ran fine – I tried both a .caf and .mp3. If I have this right, you have the Next button set to play the sound, then on the next page, the sound does not play when you press the Next button.

    I’m building for 10.0. What build are you building for?

    I’ve heard there is a bug in the new SpritKit that may cause this error. https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/63532


  • October 5, 2016 at 6:26 am #156649

    Sorry for the delay. I’ve also done some tests. With simple pages no problem. But the Project that works fine under iOS 9.3, now with Xcode 8 and iOS 10 doesn’t play the sounds (only the first time it will be played). The File is in the bundle and the same file is also used. I’ve the impression that this is the same problem reported in the link you send. Some further hints.

  • October 5, 2016 at 7:39 am #156653

    OK Mark. I solved the problem for our App by using a “RunAction”. workd fine at the moment.


  • October 5, 2016 at 1:48 pm #156672

    Awesome! Good luck on your App!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.