Scale Viz for tvOS (made with the Story Tellers Kit 2)

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Scale Viz for tvOS (made with the Story Tellers Kit 2)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shane Hogan 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• April 9, 2016 at 12:12 pm #146031

Shane I’m gonna do the shameless plug for you.

Shane just got a quick approval from Apple on his Scale Viz app and I’m proud to say the tvOS version was made using our kit. Here’s a link to his site with details on the app…

Scale Viz

Congrats!

• April 10, 2016 at 7:47 pm #146279

More screenshots from Shane’s tvOS version of Scale Viz…

Screenshot from app made with Story Tellers Kit 2

• April 12, 2016 at 3:10 am #146574

Hey J

Just seen this thanks for posting…

Break <grin>

Serious people my original App was developed in AS3 & supported & still does at the moment iOS 3, but wait for it, I learned all I knew then about ActionScript from the Jedi Master, who you may know as Justin, affectionately known as J.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get my App Universal since 2011 as I was both coded & options out with AS3, I finally figured out how to do it with Swift…

Yah… Swift to the rescue…Not… The following update broke all my code…then I fixed it…wait…new update…oh dear it’s broke again.

I would not regret that path though & if I could do it all over again I would, J has taught me so much about Swift & then some via video tutorials and free blog stuff …

No code needed serious… Code hacks but not… If the code wasn’t there even if you know what your doing (like me <grin>)..

You don’t need code, that might sound like a big claim, but I can tell ya now, you can think about how to do stuff & what it should do & believe me it’s all covered.

Hey just subscribe to Cartoonsmart.

And then…

Well then came STK2, believe me this kit definitely has it’s own A.I, & yes, sit down & think, how ya gonna do this, then read the docs & bang there will be something in there you need to do

So pleased to finally get my App out there and be able to concentrate on the content & graphics.

At the end of the day I am a musician who had an idea and wanted to share it with the world, as J says this is not about getting rich, it is about satisfaction & self fulfilment & maybe a holiday… Don’t get me wrong a few quid would be nice, just don’t expect it.

Do it for love & get rid of that weight on your shoulders, you never know the weight, if it takes off could be worth…

• April 12, 2016 at 2:01 pm #146638

A follow on…

So my tool of choice for redeveloping ScaleViz was STK 2 and I started with the tvOS version, I have been working on the graphics for a while now and eventually will be taking the same stuff to iOS to replace the version in the store which was designed at 480 X 320.

I submitted the tvOS version last week & once in review it took Apple less than an hour to change the status to ready for sale 😀

So on to the iOS version, now seriously I figured it would take me a few months to port from tvOS to iOS…

Get this.. A week…

Yes you read that correctly, a week and I am in the testing stage already, how come?

Cause I imported the plist along with the graphics from the tvOS version to the iOS version of STK2 and simply had to change a few properties like RemotePressed to touchevent and it was done.

Admittedly my week is probably more like a month due to working through the night, a few hours sleep then back at it. But my point is Story Tellers Kit 2 along with J’s other kits equal rapid development.

And if your thinking of a universal purchase and want to do both stores start with tvOS, then all of your graphics will translate directly to iOS.

Massive thanks to J for creating such awesome kits 😎

• April 13, 2016 at 3:23 pm #146875

You’re making me blush! Shane I need to hire you as my official evangelist. Lets plan on that one day =)

You’re totally welcome!

• April 14, 2016 at 3:18 pm #147045

Thanks J, credit where it’s due, you know how long I’ve been messing around with AS3, trying to get my App in a situation where I could actually submit an update. And for the last few nights I’ve been going to sleep with a massive grin on my face, my pillow doesn’t appreciate it as its full of dribble <grin>, but I do, massively.

Now I can chuck out updates when I want & there are loads planned & I know when I do, they will be supported, I can’t explain what a massive relief that is to me, it has been driving me nuts, obsession had taken over, and now for the first time in many years, I can chill.

Your hard work & coding skills are very much appreciated 🙂

• June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am #151510

Another Follow on

ScaleViz Universal is now available on the App Store…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scaleviz-universal-visual/id1121441109?ls=1&mt=8

Also created with STK2. Bit more work due to the fact that all the Swipes from the tvOS version needed to be changed to touches, stuff had to be moved around for the iPad and the 4s (please upgrade your phones people) although it’s done and it’s on there.

I had to list it under a new Store Listing due to my old developer number from the original version developed with AS3 began with a number and I couldn’t use this in the BundleID, hey who knows, anyway I had no choice but to make a separate listing, still it’s done.

Thanks J

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.