Pinball questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• June 1, 2016 at 4:18 pm #150861

An email from one of our awesome, longtime customers. Thought it was better to answer for all through the forum…

I’m working on a project using the Pinball starter kit and I have two issues that I can’t solve, perhaps you can guide me:

1. I need to lock a ball in a hole for unlimited time. After that, a new ball is released in the plunger and the hole should reject any other ball that collides with it (there can be only a locked ball in each hole). I’m not able to get this working.

2. Player can use coins on the home screen (consumable IAP) to unlock certain features during one game (ramps, multipliers, special screens, minigames…). I can integrate the consumable IAP, but I don’t know the best way to check unlocked features during gameplay, NSUserDefaults perhaps?

• June 1, 2016 at 4:24 pm #150863

For locking the ball, look into this property….

HoldsBallForDuration

And the options for that. So you just hide and immediately move the ball elsewhere. But using the Goals system move another object into its place. Maybe something permanent that looks like the ball. Which could then block another ball from colliding there.

And yes, I would definitely use the NSUserDefaults. That way everything is safe and sound the next time they open the app. And if they delete the app, well, too bad. Time to buy more coins =)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.