Micro Controller Question again

Home Forums Swift and Sprite Kit Micro Controller Question again

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 5 months ago.

• June 30, 2016 at 4:57 pm #152338

So I remember I brought up an idea, about using the micro controller similar to the wii, I can better explain myself now, so in the game a you have long press on the glass portion, as you are holding the button down you can manipulate the object, move it around the screen, it is bowling game, so you press and hold, bring the remote up ball moves, with the remote, you can release the ball once you let go, based upon the direction you turn (using the gyro etc components) the ball moves I was trying to emulate that with the apple TV version of my arcade game… so it would be long press to move it around yet it could be used to, as a weapon of some sort, in this particular instance a piñata stick… or a whack hammer, this would be epic if some could point me in the right direction I have tried a few things no luck. One of my bottle necks, the ipad version and iphone version its finger taps, obviously you cant touch the TV, my goal is get people off the couch like a funny drinking game lol ….

• July 6, 2016 at 4:38 pm #152580

Check out the Pinball Starter Kit, and within the Xcode project there’s a table labeled as “Experimental”. Thats got some code for using the Apple TV remote like a Wii controller (using the motion code / accelerometer) . I didn’t actually try that with the Nimbus though. Not sure if it works or not. Keep me posted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.