Main start page for book series

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 1 week ago.

• October 16, 2016 at 4:09 pm #157068

I’m looking to make my book app a series of books, all within one app.

So, the Cover would contain the different books (like the Cover example where there are different choices to choose from).

But, I need to continue from where each book stopped at. In other words, many books may have been started and stopped somewhere in the middle. How do I continue to start back where the book was stopped (without having to restart at the beginning)?

I hope this makes sense. I just don’t want to have each book restart at the beginning each time, especially when the book was already somewhere in the middle.

• October 17, 2016 at 9:33 am #157080

You want to look into using Event Listeners and the SetValue options.

You could add chapter markers throughout the book and the beginning of each unique story could check where that story was left off at with an event listeners. The listener can run any number of events based on what the value was set to. In that case you just want to jump to a different page.

Code wise you’re just creating a variable in the NSUserDefaults and testing what it is.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.