IOS 10.0.2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 1 month, 1 week ago.

• October 22, 2016 at 11:04 am #157213

Anybody having problems with IOS 10.0.2? Updated my dev ipad air to the latest IOS, had been on a 9.3 flavour; and now in game play all of the ‘overlay’ of score, ammo, pause button etc, is now all off-set to the right i.e. pause button has gone right off of screen. In case it was just my project, I tried again with a ‘clean’ 1.62/Swift 3 kit but got the same issue. Have an iPad mini that hasn’t been updated and the project works fine on that. Also, compared simulators – fine on 9.3, all off-set on 10. Any thoughts? Wondered if it was somehting to do with all the code in gamescene and gamescene_operations that deals with aspect fit or should I just be looking at build settings?

• October 22, 2016 at 11:06 am #157214

Could be an Aspect Fit issue. I’ll take a look now.

• October 22, 2016 at 11:32 am #157215

Yeah, looks like they did change something which is throwing off some of the programmed adjustments I made to help you guys use a single scene for both iPhone and iPad. Thats not really ideal though. Or well, put it this way, its the lazy-man’s approach to it. To really make each level perfect on the iPad, its best to use a separate scene dedicated to the iPad. So for example, the kit has…

Level1.sks

….which up until a moment ago, was the only scene for Level1. What I did was detect whether or not there was a Level1Pad.sks file, and if not, the kit tries to make some UI adjustments to shift over elements from the 1920 by 1080 space to the more square 2048 by 1536 space (for the iPad).

So what I just uploaded was the kit with Level1Pad.sks included. And in that level I sized the scene to 2048 by 1536 (double the iPads screen size 1024 by 768). Doing so, will change the camera automatically to the scene size, and wha-lah, everything should be fine again. The kit no longer tries to shift anything around, because it sees you have a specific iPad scene.

So just remember, pick a base name for your scene, like “Swamp.sks” . Then when you’re ready to duplicate it for the iPad, just add “Pad” to it, for example “SwampPad.sks”

Or if you don’t plan on supporting the iPhone at all, you can just use the base name, and of course be sure the scene is sized for the iPad to begin with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.