Google Cardboard

Home Forums Game Development Tips Google Cardboard

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael McGlon 4 months, 1 week ago.

• May 21, 2016 at 7:58 pm #150202

So I was blessed with about five these guys last weekend and I have to say they are pretty awesome. My question is (looking at SDK) will the 3-D effects best be achieved in scenekit for a potential project?

2nd Question:

Is flash the best platform for achieving the desired effects for this platform. I would compare it too art assets having that “cube effect” if that makes sense. There’s detail, yet the actual 3-D effect has that look. It is only on version three for IOS and currently in objective c so to practice I am going to convert it to Swift.

• May 23, 2016 at 10:16 am #150243

Yes it is fun. Adobe Flash / Animate isn’t going to do much for you in terms of 3D. You could make individual assets though and use those. I’m sure you’ve seen what the screen looks like without the viewfinder. Seems like you have could have two nearly identical Sprite Kit scenes (or just parent nodes), with the only difference being that objects higher on the z axis are offset further from each other on the x axis, and objects further back get closer together. Thus giving you the 3D effect.

But I haven’t even looked at the SDK! Surely it’ll give you more of a leg-up then hacking away at it cold.

• May 23, 2016 at 9:02 pm #150257

I downloaded it and i am going to convert it to Swift once I get some other things done, it is only on version three, as obviously Goggle’s platform is Android for mobile, yet if Oracle and them continue to not get along I hear they may transition to swift.

🙂

• May 23, 2016 at 9:03 pm #150258

Ill post the code as well once its converted and tested.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.