Flippers won't "support" the balls

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Pinball Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Flippers won't "support" the balls

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• April 20, 2016 at 8:05 pm #147753

On with a new issue: with the demo kits, and the Old Western pinball app, you can press and hold the flippers in such a way as to cradle the ball.

On the table I’m developing, every time I try to hold a ball, the flippers falls back gradually to their neutral state position. It’s almost as if the ball is too heavy for the flipper to remain energized.

I’ve compared the properties between the demo kit and my own, tried using the demo kit flippers “verbatim”, and there’s still no change.

Any ideas / suggestions? Cheers.

• April 20, 2016 at 10:51 pm #147792

Did you add the FlipperStopper? In the demos its that invisible square object above the flippers, which is used to make the flippers become non-dynamic at their highest position?

• April 21, 2016 at 7:26 pm #147964

Thanks Justin, that did the trick. I had the FlipperStop sprite objects set up but I realized afterwards that I didn’t set the physics body (insert Homer “doh!”…). Once the body was enabled, then the flippers behaved as expected.

• April 21, 2016 at 7:31 pm #147965

This is true beyond just the kit… =)

Once the body was enabled, then the flippers behaved as expected

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.