Dates and Calendars in the kit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• August 12, 2016 at 11:01 am #154368

Hi Justin,

I am starting to read about incorporating dates and calendars but not sure how to tie in what I am learning to the kit.

NSDate
    NSDateFormatter
    NSDateComponents
    NSDateComponentFormatter
    NSCalendar

My main objective is to be able to show the current dates in dynamic stories, and also having users be able to use certain dates as continue points or revisit activities. I know you have a feature request section but is this something that you could help incorporate into the Story Tellers Kit?

Fingers crossed! I know how busy you are.

• August 12, 2016 at 11:19 am #154377

Sure I can look into it. Just getting an SKLabelNode to show the date won’t be that tough. Whats the exact format you want for the date?

• August 12, 2016 at 11:29 am #154386

Thank for the quick response! getting the date in initially would add to what I am working on for sure. I have some simple journal’s that I am incorporating and the date label would be perfect for when they are saved

an example of the date would be like : August 12th 2016

The other date stuff, like a calendar picker is to incorporate a day planner like functionality to my app and also take advantage of another feature I came across.

In your documentation, there was a feature that I thought was very interesting (can’t remember the exact location) but it was something to the effect of ShowOnDate. If I understand this correctly, I can show a link to a certain page on a date of my choosing. Very cool and had no idea it was in the kit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.