Crisscrossing Rails

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 7 months, 1 week ago.

• April 24, 2016 at 9:40 am #148198

How hard would it be to modify the code in order to allow for multiple rails hard coded at different Z positions. For example: rail = 110, rail2 = 210, rail3 = 310,…

I came across the issue that all rails end up on the same level, so when they crisscross, the rails of one path block the ball travelling between the rails of another path. I’ve been able to cheat by having the ball drop under the obstacle, but it’s not a rock solid option.

Any chance this option could be considered for a future release?

• April 24, 2016 at 12:33 pm #148216

Yeah, it would involve a lot more listening of different physics contacts, and I think the end result would be a drag on the kit as a whole. Currently, the kit has to be aware of the main ball and 3 unique extra balls (the Multi-Balls) potentially going up a ramp and adjusting for that, and adding multiple levels is going to make the table think and react a lot more each frame. But that doesn’t mean ramps can’t APPEAR to criss cross. For example…

Intersecting ramps in the iOS and tvOS Pinball Games Starter Kit

Think that would work for you? Make the physics bodies a bit different than the art.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.