Creating a halo/shield item that allows one free hit from an enemy/simple enemy

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Platform Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Creating a halo/shield item that allows one free hit from an enemy/simple enemy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 7 months ago.

• May 6, 2016 at 6:32 pm #149403

Trying to up my sidescroller by creating incentive for in app purchases. I want may player to be able to select a “crown” item from the pause menu. Maybe 99 cents buys you five crowns. When you select 1 of your crowns a crown image hovers above your head. And when you get hit the crown disappears and instead of you losing a heart and respawning the player loses the crown and remains in his current position.

Any ideas even where to begin on this? My very limited knowledge has me thinking I need an if statement in the player class that says if you select this from the pause menu then the player doesn’t die on collision with enemy or enemy bullet for one hit…

Any and all feedback is welcome 🙂

• May 6, 2016 at 11:01 pm #149423

Hold that thought actually, I’m planning to upgrade the kit this week with Non-Consumable purchases, but I could look into Consumable as well.

I just added that to the Pinball Starter Kit, so Platforms is due for it too.

Then we can bounce around some ideas for your shield.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.