Colouring Page Generator Slowing down and not producing Nodes

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Story Tellers Kit 2 for iOS or tvOS Apps Colouring Page Generator Slowing down and not producing Nodes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• August 3, 2016 at 5:30 pm #153862

Hi, I am working on a colouring book page and when I first load up the “wand” the generator seems to be firing on all cylinders and produces many circles given the illusion of a line that is full. after laying colouring for a little the dots become fewer and fewer. I have used the Amount of 10,000 and the Frequency of 0.01. Delay is 0. I am on an iPad pro. Any way to help the generator maintain output?

Thanks for any help provided!

• August 12, 2016 at 11:28 am #154385

Its just the sheer amount of nodes. That particular functionality in the kit is “Coloring App Lite”. Fine for kids to stamp images with stars, or do simple one-minute coloring jobs, but it shouldn’t be considered it a polished coloring app by any means. There’s not even an erasure.

One thing to consider is just bigger sprites. Then there’s less need to draw 10,000 nodes.

• August 12, 2016 at 11:34 am #154387

Thanks for the response. I totally understand what you mean. I forgot to follow up but the combination of adding in a delay, bigger sprites via the SizeUpBrush functionality you previously taught in the forum, and a few other small settings has it running much better for my project. I have all but gotten rid of the lag, and the Elements to colour have been modified to encourage quick visits to the coloring pages rather than trying to create polished pieces! Thanks again for the the help

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.