bullets

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gage kolman 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• April 4, 2016 at 10:57 am #145427

i think it will be more fun to add more different bullets or grenade in the game the same bullet all the way feels repetitive to the game . and somehow enemy bullet dosent remove from the screen ? i like your starter kits and want it to be the best.

• April 4, 2016 at 11:21 am #145431

Actually thats next on the to-do list (changeable ammo).

At one point is your enemy (bullet) lingering? When it goes off screen or when it bumps into a wall? Here’s a couple properties…

RemoveOutsideBoundary – a YES or NO value to set whether the enemy should be removed if they move outside the view of the camera.

TreatLikeBullet – a YES or NO value to treat the enemy like a bullet or projectile. If YES, the enemy will be destroyed when it hits a platform.

• April 4, 2016 at 3:26 pm #145516

Hi, I’ve been going about this a different way. I have a pair of characters and each has three different weapons – so six ‘hero’ atlas folders in all. As the characters go up a couple of levels, then the characters and weapons get an upgrade by swapping the atlas and weapon image. That said, I do see a limitation in testing in two player co-op mode – the primary character and weapon upgrades but player 2 does not get a refresh, so hangs about on the lower skin. Jumping direct to each level from a menu gives the correct player 1 and 2, whereas going up a level within the game does not use the the player 2 associated with the level. It may because I’ve name all of the animation files the same for both players, but then again jumping straight to the level works?

• April 6, 2016 at 6:44 am #145614

thanks for the support i will try it .
    but a traditional video guide with changeable ammo on any level will be awesome and huge help.
    cartoonsmart team is doing a good job.thanks

• April 6, 2016 at 12:13 pm #145623

I’m trying to combine your joystick tutorial with your missile tutorial. I understand and have spawned bullets based on the Z rotation and angles but how do you spawn a bullet based on a joysticks rotation? since the joystick rotation is declared in a touches moved function how do you spawn and move a bullet based on that location since when you’re creating your spawn bullet function you can’t spawn it based on the zRotation and/or angle because you haven’t defined those yet? i noticed in your rotation video you used a UIRotationGestureRecognizer which can be defined for the entire class since it is already programmed as a UITouch/tapped whatever, as apposed to a joystick defined in a touches moved. should i make my joystick it’s own method then call upon it in touches moved? if so how do i do that? Ive spent quite a while trying to find solutions to this only to find a solution that creates a different problem. Semicolon frown face. Btw love the vids.you articulate quite well when explaining things, you break down pretty intimidating concepts into quick and easy to follow videos

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.