Bonjour from Paris !

Home Forums Off topic Bonjour from Paris !

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Louis Choquel 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• April 1, 2016 at 10:28 am #145161

Hi all,

this is Louis and I’m in Paris, France.
    I started coding 30 years ago using HyperCard on Macintosh if anyone knows what that is.
    I stopped for 15 years though, and I regret it, but now I’m happy to start again to build some cool stuff for my kids to play with.

I seem to have picked a perfect time now with Swift and all those great frameworks and kits that to so much of the groundwork 🙂

• April 1, 2016 at 10:30 am #145162

Hey Louis!

Okay, I have to go google what HyperCard is. I had a Mac 30 years ago, but was too young to code on it.

Great to see you hear!

• April 1, 2016 at 10:41 am #145164

I was 12 and started coding a video-game. After a while I got more interested in the architecture of it, improved it for 5 years and actually made it into… you know what? A kind of Starter kit for adventure games, one that you could use to build a game with no code.

That would explain why I’m having so much fun discovering the great stuff you’ve built here.

• April 13, 2016 at 11:14 pm #146930

Awesome. Feel free to share a link…. I have an RPG Kit planned with Swift and Sprite Kit. That’s actually what the Fantastic Worlds Kit does best, but as its Objective C based, well, out with the old, in with the nucleus.

• April 14, 2016 at 1:14 am #146945

Oh man, if only I could get my hands on it, it could run on an old Mac Emulator.

But I lost it around 1993-1994, probably in a hard drive crash or a broken cartridge, so it never made it to the internets. It was distributed once on a shareware CD-ROM though, so maybe someone somewhere has it 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.