All projects updated for Swift 2.2 and Xcode 7.3

Home Forums Swift and Sprite Kit All projects updated for Swift 2.2 and Xcode 7.3

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stacie Arellano 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• March 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm #144640

Well it only took a couple days, but we’ve updated all the project files in our Swift courses for Swift 2.2.

The good news, nothing major needed changing. Just some yellow warnings (if it’s yellow let it mellow, right), but obviously we like our files building clean and clear.

For statements in Swift 2.2 saw the biggest syntax change. For example, this…

for (var i = 1; i <= 10; i++ )

would now be…

for i in 1 ... 10

Clever huh. Those three dots are actually part of the code. Not And a lot simpler. Here’s another example…

for (var i = 0; i < array.count; i++ )

would now be…

for i in 0 ..< array.count

I’m sure most of you have notice that this…

is now…

i += 1

or good old…

i = i + 1

• March 30, 2016 at 8:36 pm #144819

And the updates were much appreciated, naughty Apple TV likes to update itself with out telling me, (maybe I should uncheck auto update, nah)… All is working great and STK 2 for Apple TV is an awesome bit of kit, next I’ll be playing with the iOS version :)…

• March 31, 2016 at 2:45 am #144868

Hiya J

Nice touch with the forum, I’ll definitely be visiting here a lot more than the guitar forum I used to frequent till they banned me for advertising my App, they said I was a rival competitor, which I thought was quite a compliment so I never went back there again, although something tells me I may go get banned from there again very soon just to see what they say when they see my app now, mwuhahaha πŸ™‚

No Auto update didn’t break anything, just had loads of those Yellow warning exclamation things and I saw your tweet about the changes in Swift 2.2 and then found the link to the update for STK 2 and decided to go through the warnings with the info you provided and just as you said Xcode fixed most of them and the ones I was unsure of I compared the Swift files to your latest update.

Result no warnings, app works great thanks, the only thing that keeps changing it is me, that dreaded project creep again <grin>…

I’ve calmed down now though and have started on the iOS version…

• April 1, 2016 at 9:27 pm #145219

<grin> those are funny, you must be a mind reader or at least a soothsayer guess what I watched tonight??? Yep Star Wars The Force Awakens. How could you have possibly known that omnipotent one πŸ™‚

• April 4, 2016 at 2:15 pm #145510

@cartoonsmart Will you also be updating some of the tutorials with the GamePlayKit features? (tried to post in the maze forum, but new topics are turned off)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.