Add Bullet Explosion to Enemies

Home Forums iOS / tvOS Starter Kits The Platform Games iOS and tvOS Starter Kit Add Bullet Explosion to Enemies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin at CartoonSmart 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• June 21, 2016 at 1:41 pm #151924

I noticed enemies that are treated like bullets do not “explode” when they hit a platform. How do I add it to enemies that are treated like bullets?

• June 21, 2016 at 4:58 pm #151948

How good are you feeling with Swift and Sprite Kit? Capable of doing a little custom coding?

• June 22, 2016 at 12:01 am #151952

I’m definitely not that comfortable but I think I can manage to do minor changes. If you can explain or tell me what to add, I can probably do it, maybe.

• June 22, 2016 at 1:15 pm #151980

Also one more question, I’m not able to use SpawnOffset for players? I wanted to spawn an enemy 500 above the player, so I added SpawnOffset, Type is String, {0, 500}. It worked if I wanted to spawn stuff like a bullet 500 from an enemy (that was also spawned in). But the spawnoffset doesn’t seem to work on the player, as it spawns right on the player, killing him.

• June 22, 2016 at 2:30 pm #151984

Good chatting Tareq, we got this settled in the Live Chat, but long story short, Build 1.62 now has a property called ExplodeAsBullet for Enemy types, which will make the enemy use their DeadFrames array of names for images to “explode” with if they also have TreatLikeBullet set to true.

The offset issue was a bug in the iOS version of the kit. I’ll upload new copies now, with the note //1.62 where these changes were made. Or you can simply replace GameScene.swift, Enemy.swift and GameScene_Physics.swift.

Happy gaming!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.